Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2 (incl. Allergen Awareness) – ON DEMAND TRAINING
£30.00 plus VAT
There is a legal requirement that food handlers receive appropriate supervision, instruction and/or training in food hygiene and allergen awareness, to enable them to handle food safely. The most straightforward way to achieve this is through a good training course… like this one!
By the end of this course delegates will understand:
- Their responsibilities as a food handler
- The different types and causes of food poisoning
- How to handle food safely and prevent cross contamination
- How to successfully clean food preparation equipment and surfaces
- The importance of personal hygiene, correct food storage and safe food temperatures
- The importance of accurate record keeping and monitoring
- How to comply with current legislation
- An outline of Food Management Systems (HACCP)
- Food allergen awareness including:
- Effects that allergies have in the body
- Common allergens
- The consequences of undesired exposure to allergens
- The rules for allergen information
- How to manage allergens
- Providing accurate allergen information for prepacked and non-prepacked food
- Managing allergens in a catering environment
- The use of voluntary labelling
This Level 2 course is designed for anyone who works with or handles food and covers an introduction to food safety and hygiene, the impact of food-borne illnesses, food law, food preservation, storage and temperature control, personal hygiene, the principles of HACCP, and Allergen Awareness; so no experience is required.
The guided learning time for this course is 7 hours.
Please note: When purchasing this course, you will be allocated two separate courses:
- Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2
- Food Allergen Awareness
About our “On Demand” courses:
The content has been written by experienced leisure professionals and takes into consideration guidance from regulatory bodies.
Each module has an accompanying worksheet for candidates to complete alongside the voiced presentations and module descriptions..
A certificate will be emailed directly to you upon completion of a multiple-choice assessment.
Benefits of our courses:
- Gives your organisation and customers confidence that the staff have been trained
- Certificated competency
- Very cost effective
- Time saving and convenient; the courses can be completed via a phone, tablet or PC
- Gain CIMSPA CPD points.
CIMSPA CPD Points
All of our On Demand training is endorsed by CIMSPA. This course is worth a total 3.5 CPD points.
Non-Clients – £30.00 + VAT
Right Directions Clients – £20.00 + VAT
If you would like to enrol more than 20 delegates, please contact email@example.com.
Once registered you will receive log-in details from firstname.lastname@example.org to access the course.
For Group Bookings, all individual delegates must be registered with their own individual valid email address in order to receive the link.
Please note, it will take up to 72 hours after registration for you to receive your log-in details.